Letter to our patients concerning COVID-19- 3/19/20
All of us at Family Physicians of Laramie have always considered your health a top priority. This is no different with the recent COVID-19 outbreak.
To try and keep the viral situation contained, we ask the following of our patients and community members:
- Practice good hygiene- Eat healthy, wash and sanitize hands regularly, get lots of rest, stay hydrated, cover your cough and sneezes, and clean all surfaces often.
- Practice Social Distancing- Stay home from work, school, and other public places, avoid sharing personal items, and keep a distance of at least 6 feet from others if you must leave your home.
- Be Courteous to Others- Pull together as a community and help those in need.
- If you get sick- monitor your symptoms carefully, call our office or the IMH Nurse COVID-19 Triage Line (755-4750) to verify if you could have COVID-19, and follow any instruction given by the healthcare professional.
- For Emergencies- Call 911. Be sure to inform the Dispatcher and EMS responders that you could possibly have symptoms of COVID-19 if this is the case.
Currently, our office will remain open for patients who require annual wellness, chronic disease follow up, and any other acute needs. We ask that if you are experiencing a COUGH, FEVER, and/or SHORTNESS OF BREATH that you CALL our clinic for instruction before you come in.
We are very close to having the availability of using Telehealth to see and treat our patients. Telehealth is the use of video conferencing technology to connect a patient and provider from a distance. Once we are up and running with this functionality, we will post on our social media platforms as well as our website.
Our Providers and staff continue to stay up to date, as the information on this viral outbreak is changing daily. For the facts and the most up-to-date information you can trust, we recommend visiting the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website and the Wyoming Department of Health website.
Most importantly, stay positive. We will get through this together!